This has been a wonderful Thanksgiving/Christmas/holiday conglomeration. But it feels like life has been in super-powered Flash speed (that one is for you, Matt!) since mid-November. Some favorite moments from the past few weeks include (but are not limited to):
* Watching this:
* Picking out the 2011 family tree:
* Getting an 'A' in Appraisal
* More time to sing with that bearded guy on the right:
* Christmas Eve dinner at Rentschler's with Missy and Bruce
* Jake's Pizza with the Fjerkenstads.....even if we couldn't eat it there!
* Laughing through Dutch Blitz with Matt, Ann and Nate
With all of these amazing memories, it is hard to admit that I am glad that it is all over. But as I sit here with the Christmas tree lit up for one of the last times, with my husband on the couch beside me; with Pizza Hut in my belly and having finally had time to watch "Crazy, Stupid, Love", which I have been wanting to see for months, I can honestly say PHEW!
We are blessed that Matt has the next week off. With the past few months of Matt filling in as interim worship leader, our quality time has been dwindled. That hasn't been easy for this quality time love language girl. But having the next few days stretch before us blissfully unscheduled (for the most part), is a gift of great value - greater than any Christmas gift received this year for certain.
And as this year inches towards its conclusion and a new one dawns, it is humbling and exciting and a bit terrifying to admit that I have no idea what it will hold.
But some things will be definite in the coming year: there are decisions to be made and prayers to be prayed. There are hugs and kisses to give and apologies to be made. There are trials to enjoy and joys to savor. There are literally thousands of reasons to be thankful.
This past year has been one of the most amazing of my entire life.
I can't wait to see what lies on the horizon of this new year!




No comments:
Post a Comment