yellow door

Thursday, February 24, 2011

To Blog or Not to Blog

I can honestly say that I have considered becoming a blogger (bloggist? bloggadeer? bloggatist?) at least a dozen times. I have always really enjoyed writing, which my mountains of old journals and beat up notebooks full of stories attest to. I always found some sort of excuse not to.

After getting wrapped up this week in a couple of my friends' blogs however, I was able to fully glean the therapeutic benefits of it. And since my husband and I decided that I should stay home and take care of our son (praise!) I find myself with a bit more time on my hands - at least on a good nap day - and I find myself needing an outlet to TALK. Matt and I realized pretty early on in my maternity leave that when he gets home at the end of the day he needs to not have to talk and I am desperate for adult interaction. Thank heavens for my almost daily conversations with my mom and sister or I would be an even sorrier case.

Hence, blogging. Even if nobody reads or cares, I am able to work my way through these thoughts that swirl about in my head. I have always been more effective at expressing myself through the written word anyway. Finn will not need to be my confidante; I can write on my own time and when I am with him we can just make googly eyes at each other and coo and babble back and forth. I truly cannot think of anything better.  

3 comments:

  1. blog away sister!! i will be a faithful follower and it will make it feel like you're not so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so wonderful! i will totally read it as well. however, i forget that there are blogs I can follow. so i may need a reminder! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are a blogger...It is so fun to read what friends/family post and feel a part of eachother's lives. I am especially excited for you to get to stay home. It is amazing and nothing tops being Mommy all day!! (But I do relate to the need for adult interaction) :)

    ReplyDelete